Think out loud, read out loud, speak out loud.
Photobucket

@LOUD
Republic Polytechnic’s @loud magazine (under Helicon) has been RP’s only student-run publication since 2004. 2009 has a fresh stride. A Digitalized @loud.

Now @loud has gone through a year of transformation and thus, publishing our new magazine in 2010; RepublicanPost (ReP). Student-initiated and student-led, @loud caters to students in RP and other polytechnics in Singapore, as well as to the public. We deal with issues ranging from youth and graduate issues, the latest fashion, movies, music, entrepreneurship, career ideas, to politics.

At @loud, when we want something to be done, we work together as a team to achieve our goal. We com from a diverse background and from all walks of lives, the @loud team is full of energy, is creative and is always bursting with ideas with its think-out-of-the-box nature.

Thus, our name A L(oad) O(f) U(tter) D(elirium).
@loud



July 2010
@Loud Online Launch


Latest: Journey of the Youth Olympic Flame The Youth Olympic Games
Monthly: July 2010

August 2010



Chief Editor: Sakina Khaliq
Deputy Editor: Shaistah Munawar
Editor: Ng Si Ying Amandaz
Editor: Clara Lim Mei Xing
Editor: Teo Xing Zhi
Head Designer: Kenneth Pek
Webmaster: Yazier Nifail Hamzah.
Special thanks to: Khadijah Binte Rosli.
Basecodes: © Candycoatedmisery 2010


Contact us at: aloud.rp.gmail.com


Disclaimer: not supported by Internet Explorer (IE)


HOME | NEWS | INSIGHT | INTERVIEWS | REVIEWS | POLLS | ENTERTAINMENT | WRITE | EVENTS



Seventeen and Shining
By: Shaistah Munawar

With the much anticipated Youth Olympic Games (YOG) starting real soon, there sure has been a lot of hype and excitement building up to the prestigious event here in Republic Polytechnic (RP). Well, besides being one of the places chosen to welcome the Youth Olympic Flame on 11th August 2010, RP is proud to have two students who will be participating in the YOG.

Nurul Shafinas Binte Abdul Rahman is one of the two students involved in YOG. Being active for the past ten years in Taekwondo, here is what she has to say about the upcoming YOG.

Q: How long have you been active in Taekwondo?
I have been active in Taekwondo for 10 years now. It was since I was seven years old.

Q: What were your thoughts and feelings when you were chosen for the YOG?
I was excited and at the same time nervous as this is my first major game where I will be facing the best youths in the world.

Q: Besides YOG, have there been any other major event/competitions which you have participated in?
Yes, it was the Asean Taekwondo Championships where I won a bronze.

Q: How do you feel to be able to represent Singapore for YOG?
I feel excited to represent Singapore and and I will definitely do my best for it.

Q: How long have you been training for YOG?
It is since the start of this year.

Q: What do you hope to achieve from YOG?
I hope to achieve at least a medal but of course the best would be receiving a gold medal.

Q: How has the support from your peers been so far?
They have been sincerely supporting me and understanding me. They will come to see me before I leave for overseas!

Q: How have you been juggling both your studies and trainings?
It is tough but I managed to juggle it by going back straight after school and completing all my work before I go for my training. Sometimes if I do not have enough time to complete it before my training, I have to rush through my work after my training and submit it before the 11.59pm dateline.

Q: Who/What has been your motivation for Taekwondo?
Basically, for now the YOG has been my motivation for Taekwondo, as it is the biggest event happening in Singapore, I am very motivated to do my best at the event and I hope to win a medal.

Q: How do you think your life would change after YOG?
Perhaps, I might have more personal time with my friends and family. As right now, I am quite busy and my schedule is really packed. @